Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 2002 Meeting

2013-02-22 07:51:37


October 7, 2002 

7:00 P.M. 

Basement of the United Church of Underhill



 Peter Mitchell                            Marc Maheux                     Peter Giammanco

 Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 

                                                 Jane Maheux


Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:07 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the 9/3/02 meeting were unanimously approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from September 2002 were reviewed and unanimously approved.  

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator’s report. 

          i.  Water usage.  47581 gpd up a little due to flushing.

          ii.  Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results fine.

             Fluoride results good

          iii. Hydrant Flushing. Has been done.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.

      A. Peter Giammanco of 44 Maple Ridge Road would like the board to consider putting up some shrubs in front of the fence around the tank so his view would not be as distasteful. The board is to consider his request.

      B. Tank survey Peter received 3 estimates they are between 1,200.00 and 2,900.00 to survey the property. Peter was wondering if possibly Phil Jacobs and Wally Morris would pay a % of the cost for the surveying.  More research to be done at the town clerk’s office to see what can be found.

       C. Vtrans T. Colletta has not responded to the depression on 331 Vt rt 15 so it will be left as is till further notice.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

A. Meter repair- Meter replaced at Matt Malloy’s it was determined misuse of meter had been happening, and now all bills are to be sent to his mother. 

B. Curb Stop repair- United Church not repaired yet.

C. Ditch and Culvert- Has been done and Ken Mitchell has been notified that it is done.

6.  Old business.

    A.  Tank Painting Project- Still waiting to hear back from Carolyn Gregson on her determination of how much land we need to continue with this project.

  • Ÿ  Marc reported that it would cost approx. 15,000.00 for the vfd’s from Kentrol and approx. 2,000.00 for an electrical engineer, so it would be possible within the 20,000.00 that we had discussed.

   B. Security- Check sheet has been started at the Control Building

   C. Annual Meeting- Warning was in Mountain Gazette and also in area business’s.

Ÿ  Letter sent to all customers regarding annual meeting.

Ÿ  Reviewed Budget and proposals for next year.

Ÿ  Peter wrote up the Annual Report.

Ÿ  Peter to check on overhead project for meeting with church and Marc will create transparencies for the presentation.

7.  New Business.

    A. Sidewalk proposal- For River Road and Park Street will require hydrants to be moved and water mains covered. The board would like Jane to send a letter to each town to find out who plans to pay for this expense. 

    B. One auditor has requested that the Trustees be present at the audit so it will be held on Oct. 23 in the basement of the United Church.

    C. Peter noted that Bill Hubbard may want to hook on to the water, we will send him an application.  

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved. 

9. Next Meeting Date:  Auditors Meeting Oct 23, 2002

                        Annual Meeting Oct 28,2002

                        Monthly Meeting Nov 4,2002  

9.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux




Pay Bill Online


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool