Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the November 2011 Meeting


2013-02-23 08:14:45


 

November 7, 2011

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                                 Marc  Maheux                           Shirley Cressman

Joe O’Brien 

Richard Eldred 

CLERK                                      ASST.  OPERATOR  

Jane Maheux                                      Sara Ritter 

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.

 

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the October meeting were approved.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the October meeting were approved.

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator’s report. 

        i. Water usage. 50067 gal/day 

         ii. Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results negative.

             Fluoride results within tolerance. 

    B. Marc located the curb stop at 15 Brookside Drive for the gas company.

    C. Marc needs to purchase more risers for curb stops.

    D. The State wants a new form used for Ground Water Sources, so he is working on creating one to use on the computer.

    E. Marc took 2 classes for his recertification. He took one on budgets and a Class 3 certification review.

    F. Sara is going to change the tubing and reagents; she will also be starting a new job.

   4. Customer concerns/comments

A.    Shirley Cressman of 45 Meadow Lane came to report that she feels we should not put fluoride in the water. She shared information with the Board on why it is not good in the water and the adverse affects it can have on people. She wanted to know what the process would be to have it removed. Peter explained that the Board cannot make the decision to remove it that is has to be a vote of the members of the District. The Board made a decision to put it on the agenda for the January meeting to figure out what direction to head in.

B.     Nancy Craig called Marc and is concerned with the high water usage at her tenant’s apartment. Marc will be going to check it out.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

A.    The road work that was done at the Control Building is not finished it needs to continue farther down the road. Marc will talk to Wayne about finishing the project.

 6. Old business.  

A.    Peter and Marc meet with Scott Kelley of Utility Services to discuss their proposal for cleaning the tanks.

B.     Peter explained that we are still in the process of working on getting the rest of our money from the ARRA. He is planning on meeting with them to discuss the final process to finish this.

 7.  New Business.

A.    Peter noticed that the sidewalk has been marked by Brian Kelley’s house. Marc to contact Andy Rowe to find out if he knows why this has been done.
B.     Dick made a motion to pay the United Church $300.00 for the use of the room for the monthly meetings. Joe seconded this motion and Jane will send a check.
C.    Marc suggested that the Board consider his joining of the AWWA; it would be a good resource for information with such things as tank cleaning recommendations. The Board approved joining.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting December 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM.

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:07PM.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool