Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the  December 2012 Meeting

2013-02-18 09:21:02


December 3, 2012

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill


Peter Mitchell                                    Marc Maheux                       

 Joe O’Brien                                                                                                                            

 Richard Eldred                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

 CLERK                                      ASST.  OPERATOR                               

  Jane Maheux                                 

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05p.m.

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the November meeting were approved as amended 3 C changed to discuss ordering.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the November meeting were approved.

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator’s report. 

        i. Water usage. 56600 gal/day 

         ii. Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results negative.

             Fluoride results within tolerance.            

    B. Chlorine higher than normal since the Bacteria hit.

    C. Problems keeping the upper reservoir on Maple Ridge filled. Marc suspects a leak, in the line that runs to Meadow Lane. Pump running 8 hours a day it used to run a 3rd of that time he will investigate it in the spring.

    D. Need to check the ID School only using 4,000 gallons a quarter, Marc can do some test. Joe to get someone to do RPZ test on it.

     E. Marc followed up with Cooper Mechanical about redoing the piping in the Control Building price has gone up 4 to 5 hundred dollars he will get some other quotes.

     F. New web site has been set up and people are using it 3 people signed up for early notifications.

     G. Marc has not gone forward with the chlorine pump he was waiting for the Budget to pass.

     H. Next year will be an expensive year for testing.

2. Customer concerns/comments.

A. Peter received an email from Hudson’s about dogs being off lease at the control building. Dick made a motion that no dogs were allowed and Joe seconded it. Peter will respond to Hudson’s and Marc will also put it on the web site and get signs to put up.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

 6. Old business.

  1. A.    Mike Willard sent a resume for the Asst. Operators position. Marc will set up a meeting with him and Peter.
  2. B.     Peter will update the compensation chart for the Asst. Operator.

 7.  New Business.

  1. A.    Phelps sent an email to Marc about changing the water line on Poker Hill and Barrett Lane. One thing that might need to be changed would be the impeller size. They did not feel we would need an Engineering design or a permit from the State. Pressure would have to be gathered on Barrett Lane.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting January 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM                                       

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer



Peter Mitchell President


Pay Bill Online


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool